BTK Serial Killer Is Back

Police line

( – An infamous serial killer already serving ten consecutive life sentences is back in the news after renewed investigations of cold case murders have pointed to him as the prime suspect, Oklahoma police have announced.

78-year-old Dennis Rader, who called himself “BTK,” an acronym for “bind, torture, kill,” was caught and sentenced in 2005 after committing at least ten killings over several decades and attempting other murders.

Rader is now the suspect in the disappearance of then-16-year-old Cynthia Dawn Kinney in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, in 1976, the Osage County Sheriff’s Office announced on Wednesday, as cited by The Washington Times.

The announcement came after Osage County deputies searched a property that the BTK serial killer owned in Park City, Kansas.

They believe to have discovered potential evidence in Kinney’s disappearance as well as more cold cases in Kansas and Missouri.

“During the search, items of interest were recovered at the former residence of Dennis Rader,” the Osage County Sheriff’s Office said.

“These items will undergo thorough examination to determine their potential relevance to the ongoing investigations. At this stage, Dennis Rader is considered a prime suspect in these unsolved cases, including the Cynthia Dawn Kinney case,” the police statement informed.

According to Osage County Undersheriff Gary Upton, who spoke to USA Today, Rader is also considered a prime suspect in a 1990 case involving the disappearance of Shawna Beth Garber in McDonald County, Missouri. Garber was 22 at the time she went missing.

“Rader has denied any involvement in Garber’s death,” revealed McDonald County Sheriff Rob Evenson in an interview with KSNF-TV, an NBC affiliate based in Joplin, Missouri.

Rader is known for sending horrifying letters to media outlets and the police describing his crimes in detail.

The BTK serial killer was found guilty of murdering a family of four in 1974, including two children aged 9 and 11, killing three women between 1974 and 1977 and three others between 1985 and 1991.

Rader was caught in February 2005 after he resumed sending letters about his crimes a year earlier, after a 13-year pause.