(GoRealNewsNow.com) – The security footage of the hammer attack on former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi, could be released to the public as early as Thursday.
This comes after a judge denied the prosecutor’s request to keep the footage secret.
The 911 call that followed the attack will also be released.
San Francisco Superior Court Judge Stephen M. Murphy ruled there was no reason to keep the footage from public view, especially after it was played in open court during a preliminary hearing last month.
The judge sided with a group of media outlets, including the Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times, and the New York Times, who sought access to the footage and other evidence against David DePape, the alleged attacker.
The incident occurred on October 28th of last year, when an intruder broke into the Pelosi’s San Francisco home and beat Paul Pelosi with a hammer at some point.
Prosecutors have since charged 42-year-old David DePape in connection with the attack.
DePape pleaded not guilty last month to six charges, including attempted murder.
Police have said that DePape told them there was “evil in Washington” and that he wanted to harm Nancy Pelosi because she was second in line to the presidency. His case is still pending.
The San Francisco District Attorney’s Office initially refused to release the evidence to the media, but following a court hearing, the office handed over all courtroom evidence to the judge.
The judge has asked the court clerk’s office to distribute the evidence to the media, which could happen as soon as Thursday.
The release of this footage is significant as it will give the public a glimpse into the brutal attack on Paul Pelosi and its potential motives.
What is your opinion? Do you agree with the judge that the security footage and 911 call should be made public? Why or why not? Please share your view by emailing [email protected]. Thank you.